The Guide for Course Contents and Curriculum of EDPs. The course content of the EDP is selected according to the objectives of the EDP. The training program is usually of six weeks’ duration. It consists of the following six inputs. You must take a look.
General Introduction to Entrepreneurship: Participants are exposed to a general knowledge of factors an eating small scale industries, the role of Entrepreneurs in economic development Entrepreneurial behavior, and the facilities available for establishing small scale industries.
Fundamentals of project feasibility study: Participants are provided guidelines on the active analysis of feasibility or viability of the particular project in view of marketing, organization, technical, financial, and social aspects knowledge is also given on how to prepare the projects or feasibility report for certain products.
Support system and procedure: The participants also needed to be exposed to the support available from different institutions and agencies for setting up and running small-scale enterprises.
Motivation Training: Induces and increases the need for achievement among the participants. It is the crucial input of Entrepreneurship training. It injects con dence and positive attitude and behavior among the participants towards business sometimes successful Entrepreneurs are also invited to speak about their experience in setting up and running a business.
Management skills: Running a business whether large or small requires managerial skills participants will be imported with basic and essential managerial skills in functional areas like marketing, nance, HR, and production. It helps to run the business smoothly.
Plant Visits: In order to familiarize the participants with real-life situations in small businesses, plant visits are also arranged such trips help the participants know more about an Entrepreneur’s behavior, personality, thoughts, and aspirations. On the whole, the ultimate objective of the Entrepreneurship training program is to make the trainees prepared to start their own enterprise after the completion of the training program.
Phases of EDP’s
An Entrepreneurship development program consists of the following three phases:
- Pre-training phase
- Training phase
- Post-training phase
Prepare – Training Phase:
The activities and preparations required to launch the training program come together in the phase.
- Selection of Entrepreneurs
- Arrangement of infrastructure
- Tie-up of guest faculty for the training purpose.
- Arrangement for the inauguration of the program
- Selection of necessary tools, techniques to select suitable Entrepreneurs
- Formation of the selection committee for selecting trainees.
- Arrangement for publicity media and campaigning for the program.
- Development of application form.
- Finalization of the training syllabus.
- Pre-potential survey of opportunities available in the given environmental conditions.
The main objectives of this phase are to bring desirable change in the behavior of the trainees. In other words, the purpose of training is to develop a ‘need for achievement’ (i.e.,) motivation among the employees/trainees. Accordingly, a trainer should see the following changes in the behavior of the trainees.
- Is he/she attitudinally tuned very much towards his/her proposed project ideas
- Is the trainee motivated to plunge into an Entrepreneurial career and bear risk involved in it?
- Is there any perceptible change in his Entrepreneurial attitude, outlook, skill, role, etc.
- How should he/she behave like an Entrepreneur?
- What kind of Entrepreneurial traits the trainee lacks the most.
- Whether the trainee possesses the knowledge of technology, resources, and other knowledge related to Entrepreneurship?
- Does the trainee possess the required skill in selecting viable projects, mobilizing the required resources at the right time?
- Having trained the trainees, the trainees need to ask themselves as to how much and how far the trainees have moved in their Entrepreneurial pursuits.
Post- Training phase (Follow up):
The ultimate objective of the Entrepreneurship development program is to prepare the participants to start their enterprises. this phase involvement assessment to judge how far the objectives of the program had been achieved, this is called Follow up.
- In nutshell, the purpose behind the EDP follow up is to:
- Review the pre-training work.
- Review the process of the training program
- Review the post-training approach.
We hope you liked this article. And this article will also strengthen your education. If you liked our article, then you must give us your suggestions by commenting in the comment box below. If you want to succeed in your business, then subscribe to this website. And share this article with your friends and relatives. And follow our social media. Thank you. Your success is our mission.
Business management expert and Leadership Consultant and Business Coach, who writes her blog, Jay’s Trends, focused on helping small business owners understand trends in Business management. Other posts by Jayprakash Prajapati»