Reviewed by: Jayprakash Prajapati | Last updated on December, 17, 2023
What is the 13 Best 3D Printing Software Of 2024 and what type of software is used to create 3D models?
3D Printing is the process of using software to create a mathematical representation of a 3-dimensional object or shape. The object that created it is called a 3D model.
This 3-dimensional model is used for computer-generated (CG) Printing. 13 Best 3D Printing Software is used in a variety of industries to help artists shape, document, communicate, analyze, and share their ideas.
It requires sophisticated best 3D printing software to create and print these complex designs in 3D, and in recent years, Best 3D Printing Software has been entering the markets at a rapid pace with exceptional new capabilities, innovative features, and seamless integration with computer hardware.
That’s why we reviewed its 3D Printing software. I’ve reviewed the best 3D Printing software for research, printing, modeling, and CAD tools here step by step.
let’s get started.
What is the Best 3D Printing Software.
Here are my picks for the best 3d Printing Software to use this year.
1. Autodesk AutoCAD.
AutoCAD is computer-aided Best Printing (CAD) software. which makes it strong. With it, you can draft, annotate, and Printing 2D geometry and 3D models with the solid, surface, and mesh objects. And automate tasks like comparing drawings, counting objects, adding blocks, creating schedules, and more.
What is the difference between AutoCAD and AutoCAD LT?
AutoCAD LT is powerful 2D CAD software. Which is used for precise formatting and documentation. The AutoCAD includes many of the features of AutoCAD LT. It also incorporates additional features to benefit products such as 3D modeling and automation of repetitive processes.
AutoCAD lets you customize the user interface with APIs and add-on apps. With AutoCAD, users can work more efficiently with seven industry-specific toolsets to increase automation and productivity for tasks in mechanical Printing, architecture, electrical design, conversion raster images, plant design, plumbing, geographic information systems, and 3D mapping. are capable of.
Going with AutoCAD Design means you can complete your projects faster with automation and customization, also share and annotate pictures safely and securely on desktop, web, or mobile devices.
- Customize your workspace with add-on apps and APIs
- 2D and 3D CAD software with Printing automation and industry-specific toolsets, as well as web and mobile apps.
- Increase your productivity with seven included toolsets
- Work anywhere with web and mobile apps
- AutoCAD can be accessed anytime, anywhere.
- The latest update to AutoCAD lets you collaborate with teammates, collect drawing data more quickly, and export designs to other Autodesk products.
- Get access to thousands of parts and additional features with an industry-specific toolset, APIs to automate common processes, and 1,000+ third-party apps.
- The has strong functionality and high scalability.
- The is run on the operating system Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit only).
- The provides large-scale automation
- The is highly flexible and customizable software.
- Supports many languages of the world.
- Comes with a virus protection protocol.
- It cannot be run on the operating system Microsoft Windows 10 32-bit.
- The job cannot be run with 8 GB RAM.
Its paid version is available for $1775/year. AutoCAD also offers a free and fully functional version. Which can be used by academic faculty and students.
2. Autodesk Fusion 360.
Fusion 360 Printing Software This is a cloud-based 3D Modelling, CAD, CAM, CAE, and PCB software platform for product Printing and manufacturing. and Fusion 360 integrates design, engineering, electronics, and manufacturing into a single software platform. Fusion 360 enables you to Design effortlessly with flexible 3D CAD software.
Autodesk Fusion 360 is integrated with CAD, CAM, CAE, and PCB software, whereas AutoCAD is CAD software to create 2D and 3D drawings.
I say the best platform because it brings all the industry platforms together with only one platform. Industrial designers, mechanical engineers, electrical engineers, hobbyists, machinists, and startups use Autodesk Fusion 360.
- Seamlessly synchronize bi-directional changes from your electronics Printing with Autodesk EAGLE interoperability.
- Engineered product with a comprehensive set of modeling tools and comes with various analysis methods.
- Edit and repair imported scan or mesh models, including STL and OBJ files.
- Edit or repair geometry imported from non-native file formats Make design changes without worrying about time-based features.
- Printing sheet metal parts components, documenting flat patterns using 2D drawing and DXF, and building up your designs with cutting strategies for water jet, laser, and plasma machines.
- Assemble Printing and analyze assembly speeds with a traditional bottom-up, middle-out, or top-down approach.
- Build history-based features including Extrude, Revolve, Loft, Sweep, and more, which update with Printing changes.
- Create photo-realistic images of your models, taking advantage of local or cloud rendering.
- Design and engineer products to ensure aesthetics, look, fit, and function.
- Minimize the impact of Printing, engineering, and PCB changes
- Directly edit existing facilities or model fixtures with truly integrated CAD+CAM software tools.
- Fusion 360 enables you to Printing effortlessly with flexible 3D CAD software.
- Avoid costly resales, defects, and missed deadlines affecting your bottom line with integrated CAD and CAM.
- Stop Struggling with Manual Electronics Workflows and Ancient, Interchangeable File Formats
- Create and simulate 3D models in a single software tool with Fusion 360.
- Leverage simulation to ensure initial testing of the design for simulation and functionality
- The job cannot be run with 8 GB RAM.
- It cannot be run on the operating system Microsoft Windows 10 32-bit.
The pricing of Fusion 360 Printing Software is based on the length of your term.
- $60/month when paid on a monthly basis.
- $42/month when paid annually.
- Get started with Autodesk Fusion 360 and enjoy integrated CAE, CAM, CAD, and PCB on one development platform.
Tinkercad is a free, easy-to-use web app that equips the Next generation of designers and engineers with the fundamental skills for innovation that comes with 3D design, electronics, coding, and the design of AR. And at the same time, it gives you the ability to create complex models by taking advantage of shape sets and shapes.
The best part is, this software comes with an easy-to-use interface, designed to simplify the process of 3D design.
- Tinkercad: is a free, easy-to-use web app that equips the next generation of designers and engineers with the fundamental skills for innovation: Best 3D Printing Software, electronics, and coding!
- 3D Design: If You Can Think It Up, You Can Make It With Tinkercad. From product models to printable parts, 3D Printing Software is the first step in turning ideas into reality and transforming ‘what ifs’ into ‘what ifs’.
- Electronics: Simulate electronics with circuits. From blinking you’re first LED and re-creating the everyday thermometer, we’ll show you the ropes and wires and buttons and breadboards.
- Coding: Don’t stop with the Printing. With code blocks, you can write programs that create designs for you. Use block-based code to create dynamic, parametric, adaptive, 3D shapes and Printing.
- AR: With an iPad, Tinkercad turns your 3D designs into augmented reality (AR) experiences. Activating AR mode is as easy as opening a Printing in the 3D editor and pressing the AR Viewer button.
- Beginners can easily import 2D and 3D models for Printing.
- This equipment is capable of performing laser cutting.
- AutoCAD can be accessed anytime, anywhere.
- It provides cloud storage to save your 3D printing.
- It provides a detailed tutorial to learn the functionality of the software.
- You can start making 3D printings after a few steps.
This software is completely free you can easily use it in your web browser or through the application.
4. Ultimaker Cura.
Ultimaker Cura is an open-source Printing that is one of the most popular software in the world. Be it print-ready with a few clicks, integrate with CAD software for easy workflow, or dive into custom settings for deeper control.
Ultimaker Cura The best part is this intent profile prints out specific applications at the click of a button. ‘The recommended profile tested for thousands of hours ensures reliable results.
- Back up and sync your content and plugins
- Save projects to digital library
- Access the 3D Printing E-Learning Course
- Join a community of 40,000+ active users
- They have a community of over 20,000 members. Where you have the answer to every question.
- Our monthly Ultimaker Cura newsletter informs you about the latest releases as well as free 3D printing tips and resources.
- Custom Mode provides over 400 settings for granular control
- This new user can easily use this software for quick learning
- This tool can be used to quickly enhance your 3D model tools.
- Can be used to print over multiple networks and is compatible with OBJ, X3D, TSTL, and 3MF file formats.
The 3D viewer is limited to viewing the model from multiple angles.
It is an open-source, free 3D sculpting tool.
FreeCAD is an open-source parametric 3D modeler primarily built for designing real-life objects of any size. This parametric modeling allows you to easily modify your design by going back to your model history and changing its parameters.
FreeCAD is a multiplatform (Mac, Windows, and Linux) highly customizable and extensible software. It reads and writes to many open file formats such as STEP, STL, IGES, DXF, SVG, , OBJ, IFC, DAE, and many more, making it possible and easy to integrate seamlessly into your workflow.
- The kernel is a powerful solid-based geometry.
- FreeCAD has an advanced geometry engine based on Open Cascade technology.
- It supports solids, boundary representation (BRP) objects, and non-uniform rational basis splines (NURBS) curves and surfaces.
- Provides a wide range of tools for creating and modifying these objects, including complex booleans, filleting, operations, shape cleaning, and much more.
- FreeCAD equips you with all the right tools for your needs
- If you want to help fix bugs, implement cool new features, or work on documentation, we invite you to join us and build software that benefits the entire community.
- It incorporates several components to adjust dimensions or extract design details from 3D models to produce high-quality production-ready images.
- It exports 3D printing or CNC machining.
- This makes it possible to integrate seamlessly into your workflow.
- Be it kilometer, micron, inch or feet, or even any combination of units
- Whereas the FreeCAD core functionality is coded in C++ for robustness and performance.
- You can sketch geometry-constrained 2D shapes.
This limits software functionality
MeshLab 3D It is an open-source system designed for processing and editing triangular meshes. Which provides a set of tools for cleaning, editing, treating, rendering, inspecting, texture, and converting mesh. And 3D digitization provides facilities to process the raw data produced by the equipment/s and generate models for Best 3D Printing Software.
The best part of MeshLab is that the software comes with pioneering capabilities to process and edit 3D triangular meshes.
- It does 3D color mapping and texturing.
- Comes with the latest version update to Screened Poisson Surface Reconstruction.
- Its efficiency enables the user to increase the speed of the 3D printing workflow.
- It provides a convenient option to clean the net efficiently.
- Raster registration on the 3D model also based on 2D/3D correspondence
- Bug-fixing on almost all filters.
This tool has multiple functions in a single button.
Meshlab is a free tool, an open-source platform.
Creo 3D CAD is a great solution that helps you accelerate product innovation and better create your product faster. And easy to learn, Creo takes you from the early stages of product design to manufacturing and beyond.
Best of all, Creo is able to deliver on a commitment to continuous CAD improvement and introduce powerful new technologies designed for the ever-evolving world of product Printing.
Creo introduces breakthrough capabilities in Al-powered generative Printing. Bringing digital transformation to enterprises with profits from sales in manufacturing and service through engineering.
The new Generative Topology Optimization Extension (GTO) and cloud-based Generative Start Extension (GDX) allow you to develop high-quality.
Real-world performance low-cost design GTOs help you optimize the design for a specific material and manufacturing process based on your needs and constraints.
GDX allows you to simultaneously develop multiple design studies with different materials and processes.
- Comes with simulation-led Printing. By incorporating design simulation, designers and engineers can.
- Detect problems earlier in the design process when they are easier and less expensive to fix.
- It focuses on the design refinement and validation phase of the Printing process.
- Also provides instantaneous and interactive guidance while designing.
- Creo Simulation Live gives you real-time guidance as you design, so you can catch problems up to 65% faster.
- IoT is capable of rapidly iterating, reducing costs, and improving product quality.
- GDX allows you to simultaneously develop multiple Printingstudies with different materials and processes.
- For beginners, this tool may seem a bit daunting to use.
- This will always replace your metrics’ default template.
- To use this software, you cannot run it on small systems.
Creo Printing software costs $2,310. Which comes with a one-time license fee. A free 30-day trial allows you to test the product before you make your final purchase.
CATIA is the world’s leading solution for product design and experience. This tool is used by leading organizations in many industries to develop those products. Which we see, and with this you also use in your daily life. The software is also equipped with Dassault Systèmes’ 3DEXPERIENCE platform.
The best part about CATIA is that it provides the unique capability to model, not just any product, and it’s designed in an age of experience to do so in the context of real-life behavior. Systems engineers, architects, designers, construction professionals, and all contributors can define, envision and shape the connected world.
- A social design environment built on a single source of truth and accessed through a powerful 3D dashboard.
- It drives business intelligence, real-time concurrent design, and collaboration among all stakeholders, including mobile employees.
- An intuitive 3DEXPERIENCE, with world-class 3D modeling and simulation capabilities for both experienced and casual users that optimizes the effectiveness of each user.
- It enables multiple disciplines to take advantage of powerful and integrated specialist applications at all stages of the product development process.
- Through this software, users can collaborate online for product modeling as well as share the design of 3D models.
- This tool seems extremely difficult to use for beginners.
- It is the 3d Printing software that fixes the most expensive cost in the market.
When moving to the CATIA plan, it can be started with a free trial, you can then go with the paid plan, this will require requesting a quote to know the subscription cost of your software.
It is developed by SolidWorks through Dassault Systems. And it offers businesses and people a virtual universe. To envision sustainable innovations capable of harmonizing products, nature, and life. And this is 20,000 people worldwide representing 140 nationalities.
The best thing about SolidWorks is that it is capable of lots of detailed and unique features. Which has made it very powerful in creating professional incoming 3D Printing Software.
- For the 3DEXPERIENCE virtual universes, it can model, simulate and evaluate effects before creating any experiences in the real world.
- It is a sustainability top priority, and at the core of Dassault Systems’ corporate objective.
- The device has been designed to keep innovators in mind from the very beginning, keeping people and the environment in mind. For which it is suitable.
- It responds to each challenge, with an act of Dassault Systems.
- Each act symbolizes and highlights our commitment to meet these ten challenges and inspire others to act in their fields.
- It takes advantage of a unique system of NURBS to create incredibly wide curvatures.
- This tool allows a simplified workflow enabling a straightforward simulation, design, and fabrication.
- However, it can lead to real progress and change the world.
If when it comes to STL download. So you’ll need a secondary program.
When it comes to the plan, the subscription cost of this software is available on a request basis.
OpenSCAD is software for creating solid 3D CAD objects. Which is the perfect platform for creating this highly efficient and reliable 3D model. It is free software and is available for Linux/Unix, MS Windows, and Mac OS X.
The best part about OpenSCAD is that it gives you (the designer) complete control over the modeling process. and enables you to easily replace any step in the modeling process or create a design defined by configurable parameters.
- It is free software and available for Linux/UNIX, Windows, and Mac OS X
- It focuses on the CAD aspects, not the artistic aspects of 3D modeling, unlike most free software for creating 3D models (such as Blender).
- It’s something like a 3D compiler that reads in a script file.
- It comes with creative solid geometry (aka CSG)..
- The AutoCAD DXF files can be used as a data exchange format for such 2D outlines.
- In addition to 2D paths for extrusion, it is also possible to read Printing parameters from DXF files.
- In addition to DXF files, OpenSCAD can read and create 3D models in STL and OFF file formats.
- It builds on top of many free software libraries like OpenSCAD
- Many projects were inspired by OpenSCAD, or are related to OpenSCAD in some other way. Such as OpenJSCAD, WrapCAD, Free 3D, Applied CAD, BlocksCAD, and GitHub
- OpenSCAD is not an interactive modeler.
- It is not capable of making complex shapes.
This OpenSCAD is completely free and open-source software.
11. Rhinoceros 3D.
Rhinoceros 3D It is known as versatile. where you can mesh quad-major meshes from your surfaces, meshes, solids, or sub-Ds. This Rhino can create NURBS curves, surfaces and solids, subdivision geometry (SubD), point clouds, and polygon meshes, which can be edited and analyzed,
The great thing about Rhinoceros 3D Dijon software is that it comes with non-stop 3D modeling tools like those only found in products that cost 20 to 50 times as much. Where any shape can be modeled, and you can imagine. And it is with this release, we have unlocked completely new modeling workflows.
- This compatibility with all your other design, drafting, CAM, engineering, analysis, rendering, animation, and illustration software.
- Read and repair mesh and extremely challenging IGES files.
- You can focus on the Printing and visualization without being distracted by the software.
- Rhino for Mac: The world’s most versatile 3D modeler, available on macOS.
- The software also supports 3D digitizers as well as enables importing of 3D-scanned point data from the cloud.
- This rendered display mode captures more lighting in real-time working mode.
- Use the robust QuadRemesh algorithm to create a beautiful quad mesh from a NURBS geometry or mesh.
Using this software requires a steep learning curve.
It comes to the Rhinoceros 3D plan, comes bundled with several packages. it paid plans can be had to start from $495.
12. SketchUp Make.
SketchUp Make This 3d software is capable. This situation-focused information is changing the way people, businesses, and governments work around the world. Productivity increases and safety improvements are being achieved by implementing Trimble’s advanced positioning solutions.
The great thing about SketchUp Make is its full-featured desktop modeler. The best thing about SketchUp Make is its full-featured desktop modeler. It is made to be anything you can imagine. It’s one of the easiest ways to design, document, and communicate your ideas in 3D. And you can work through your ideas in 3D space, and develop your projects quickly.
- This precise, detailed model: that accuracy is important from the start. SketchUp enables you to design, define and plan at all stages of the project.
- Interoperability: This tool SketchUp manages well with all the other tools in your design toolbox.
- Extensibility: Use Extension Warehouse to make this tool exactly what you need.
- Objects: Work smarter and faster with SketchUp’s objects.
- Customization: Customize the look and feel of any project to make it your own.
- Generate Reports: The you get all the details required to get the stakeholders done the job.
- Guessing: This isn’t SketchUp’s first rodeo. SketchUp uses guesswork to make accuracy and speed a cinch.
- SketchUp Make 3d Printing Software This is one of the most expensive design tools on the market.
- This makes it more limited to design.
If it comes to the cost of SketchUp Make 3d software, you can try the free trial version. When it comes to paid Then these paid plans start at $119 per year and go up to $1199 per year.
13. 3D Slash.
The 3D Slash For non-technical individuals who are interested in 3D modeling and Printing. This tool makes it easy to understand everything about 3D Slash this is what students of any class need with little or no guidance once they have the basics. Very intuitive, and kids love it.
The best part about 3D Slash is that kids will love being more interested in working with it, overall, it has been a perfect tool so far for a student of this level.
- It’s long been what I’ve been looking for to import designs from the web, remix, and print them. For them, it gets a 3D slash.
- The unique interface provides an intuitive and captivating experience
- Using this set of tools, users create models by “reducing the cube”.
- 3D Slash integrates with several major players in the 3D ecosystem
- Including design thinking, prototyping, scale modeling, and digital entertainment
- It has been able to be used as an educational tool by a growing community of STEM teachers.
- The perfect tool for creating in 3D for non-designers and kids.
- Create your own 3D logo or text with a single click
- Copy-paste, move, resize, flip, and combine in one click.
- Create student accounts on the teacher dashboard, and no email address is required for students.
- It is capable of editing an STL file efficiently.
This equipment is not capable enough for industrial use.
When going toward the 3D Slash plan. These start at $2 per month and go up to $20. You can also choose its freemium plan.
Autodesk 3DS Max. All-purpose modeler for content creators. Rhinoceros. The Beast of FreeCAD Surfaces Design, and Autodesk Maya. This is the most used 3D printing software Autodesk Maya, TinkerCAD, Solid Works, OpenSCAD. Presto is proprietary software. Developed and used by Pixar Animation Studios in the animation of their features and short films.
What is 3D Printing Software?
3D Printing is the process of using computer-modeling software to create an object within a three-dimensional space. This means that the object has three key values to understand where it exists within space.
Today, these Printing tools come equipped with several advanced features that are virtual reality compatibility for collaborating on the cloud and simulating 3D models efficiently. Secondly, with these features, you also get a user-friendly interface. He has enabled many non-technical people to enter the field.
How to choose 3D printing software?
If when you come to the market, then you get to see a lot of Printing software. each one has its price, features, and bad and good options. but before that, you need to know this. Which design software will work best for you?
Here are some of the following to help you choose the right 3d printing software.
- File formats: The more file formats the tool supports, the easier it is to import and incorporate new elements into 3D models.
- Collaboration: Most importantly, 3D design software with cloud capabilities empowers you and your team to collaborate more efficiently on 3D models and design tools. With this cloud, users can take advantage of software from anywhere to assist with 3D modeling and printing.
- Customization: you can look for customization features such as engineering, sculpting, editing history, and the ability to leverage this 2D model to create 3D models. These excellent customization features will help you create more stunning 3D model prints.
- Scalable: If you are looking for 3D modeling software that provides you with powerful adjustment tools to efficiently scale the 3D model’s design to any extent. The same will help enable you to create 3D models of any shape and size.
I hope this article helped you in choosing the best 3D printing Software and 3D modeling software.
3D printing is the process of using software to create a mathematical representation of a 3-dimensional object or shape.
it requires sophisticated 3D Printing software to create and print these complex designs in 3D. And in recent years, 3D printing software has been entering the markets at a rapid pace with exceptional new capabilities, innovative features, and seamless integration with computer hardware.
best 3D Printing software Autodesk 3DS Max. All-purpose modeler for content creators, and Rhinoceros. The Beast of FreeCAD Surfaces Design, and Autodesk Maya.
If you have any kind of questions, then you must comment on us in the comment box below. so that we can be happy.
3D Printing Software – FAQ
1. What is 3D printing software, and what does it do?
3D printing software is a digital tool that translates 3D models into instructions that 3D printers use to create physical objects layer by layer. It includes modeling software, slicers, and printer control software.
2. Do I need special software to create 3D models for printing?
Yes, you’ll need 3D modeling software to create or modify digital models for 3D printing. Popular choices include Blender, TinkerCAD, and Fusion 360.
3. What file formats are compatible with 3D printing?
Common file formats for 3D printing include STL (Standard Tessellation Language) and OBJ (Object) files. These formats store information about the geometry and structure of the 3D model.
4. Can I use free 3D printing software?
Yes, there are free 3D printing software options, both for modeling and slicing. Examples include Blender, Ultimaker Cura, and PrusaSlicer.
5. What is slicing software, and why is it necessary for 3D printing?
Slicing software prepares the 3D model for printing by converting it into layers and generating instructions (G-code) for the 3D printer. Popular slicers include Ultimaker Cura, PrusaSlicer, and MatterControl.
6. Can I use 3D printing software to repair or modify existing 3D models?
Yes, many 3D modeling software options allow you to repair or modify existing 3D models before printing. This is useful for fixing issues like mesh errors or adjusting the model’s size.
7. Are there 3D printing software options for beginners?
Yes, beginner-friendly options include TinkerCAD and SculptGL. These tools have intuitive interfaces and are suitable for those new to 3D modeling.
8. Can I find pre-made 3D models online?
Yes, various online platforms offer a vast library of pre-made 3D models that you can download and print. Thingiverse, MyMiniFactory, and Cults3D are popular repositories.
9. Can 3D printing software estimate printing time and material usage?
Yes, many slicing software programs provide estimates of printing time and material usage based on the chosen settings and the 3D model’s complexity.
10. Are there 3D printing software options for advanced users?
Advanced users often prefer powerful modeling software like Blender, Autodesk Fusion 360, or Rhino. These tools offer extensive features for intricate designs.
11. What role does G-code play in 3D printing software?
G-code is a language that 3D printers understand. Slicing software generates G-code, which contains instructions for the printer, including movement paths, temperatures, and layer-by-layer instructions.
12. Can I use 3D printing software to create functional prototypes?
Yes, 3D printing is widely used for prototyping due to its ability to quickly produce intricate designs. Software like Fusion 360 is particularly suitable for designing functional prototypes.
13. What factors should I consider when choosing 3D printing software?
Consider factors such as ease of use, available features, compatibility with your 3D printer, community support, and whether it meets your specific modeling or printing needs.
14. Can I use 3D printing software for artistic or sculptural projects? Absolutely, many artists use 3D printing software for artistic and sculptural projects. SculptGL and ZBrush are examples of software tailored for artistic expression.
15. Are there tutorials available to help me learn 3D printing software?
Yes, numerous online tutorials, courses, and documentation are available to help users learn 3D printing software. Platforms like YouTube and dedicated tutorial websites offer valuable resources.
3D printing software plays a crucial role in the entire 3D printing process, from designing models to preparing them for printing. Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced user, there are software options available to meet your specific needs and preferences.