Hello, This is defined as “the organizing, housing and servicing industries, a planned clustering of industrial enterprises offering standard factory buildings in advance of demand and a variety of services and facilities for occupants.
” In short, an industrial estate is a place where entrepreneurs are provided with the necessary facilities and factory housing by the government to establish their industries. The first and most important industrial estate was established in 1955 in Rajkot, Gujarat.
What is Industrial Estate Features Importance?
The following are the Six important features of industrial estates:
- It is a tract of land subdivided and developed into factory plots or sheds.
- It is a planned clustering of industrial units.
- It may be developed in urban, semi-urban or rural areas.
- It may be large, medium, or small.
- It may be set up by the Government, or by co-operatives or even by private agencies.
- It provides several common infrastructural facilities such as water, power, roads, training, banks, repairs and maintenance, etc.
What is Industrial Estate Advantage Importance?
The following are the Eight important Advantage of industrial estates:
1. Mutual Co-Operation: All industrial units located in an industrial estate face common problems and seek to achieve common objectives.
2. Balanced Regional Development: It is possible to secure a balanced regional development by developing industrial estates in industrially backward areas.
3. Economies of Scale: It arises because all the industrial units enjoy common infrastructural facilities like water, roads, etc. As the size of the industrial units increases, the costs of estate development and administration per unit of each facility decrease.
4. External Economies: Several industrial units are clustered together in an industrial estate. This enables them to enjoy the benefits of agglomeration and external economies like improved transport facilities, availability of trained labor, repair facilities, power, and water, etc.
5. Saving Of Time and Effort: An individual entrepreneur is relieved of the trouble of searching for suitable space.
6. Entrepreneurial Development: Industrial estates reduce risks and increase profitability through internal and external economies.
7. Low Investment: Even a small entrepreneur can acquire an industrial plot or shed on rent or hire purchase basis.
8. Fewer Risks: Since all units enjoy common facilities and low capital investment, risks are relatively low.
We hope you liked this article. And this article will also strengthen your education. If you liked our article, then you must give us your suggestions by commenting in the comment box below. If you want to succeed in your business, then subscribe to this website. And share this article with your friends and relatives. And follow our social media. Thank you. Your success is our mission.